1. The room was furnished with the simplest essentials, a bed, a chair, and a table
A)supplied B) gathered
2. The local government decided to merge the two firms into a big one.
A)motivate B) combine
3. He emphasized a feasible plan which can be accepted by the both sides.
A)favorable B) possible
4. When does the next train depart?
A)pull up B) pull down
C)pull out D)pull in
5. Because administering the whole company, he sometimes has to work around the clock.
A)adjusting B) evaluating
6．We have to ask them to quit talking in order that all people present could hear us clearly.
A) decrease B)cease
C) continue D)keep
7.The Klondike was the scene of one of the biggest gold rushes the world has ever known.
A) location B)view
C) event D)landscape
8. She has been the subject of massive media coverage.
A) extensive B) negative
C) expensive D)active
9.The conference explored the possibility of closer trade links.
A) rejected B) investigated
10. The sea was calm and still.
A) quite B)quiet
C) yet D)rough
11. In a bullfight, it is the movement, not the color, of objects that arouses the bull.
A) confuses B)excites
C) scares D)satisfies
12. The committee comprises five persons.
A) absorbs B)concerns
A) excludes D)involves
13. All the people assembled at Mary's house.
A) collected B)fixed
C) asserted D)assist
14. We derive knowledge mainly from books
A)deprive B) obtain
C) descend D)trace
15.We all consider him a man of dynamic personalities.
A)dangerous B) doubtful