Direction : In this part of the test has incomplete sentences. Four words or phrases, marked (A), (B), (C) and (D) are given beneath each sentence. You are to choose the one that best completes the sentence. Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and mark on your answer sheet.
101. For several years now, we have seen a marked in attendance and exhibitions at the
PCB design conferences.
(A) increase (B) increased (C) increasing (D) TO increase
102. Make sure that transportation to and from the river is arranged to your .
(A) satisfactory (B) satisfaction (C) satisfy (D) to satisfy
103. The imposing that will soon be Rand Corporation's R&D center was
renovated by the highly admired designer Haewook Lee.
(A) structural (B) structure (C) structurally (D) in structural
104. Employees may receive 50% tuition reimbursement for job-related courses taken with a
(A) approves (B) approval (C) approve (D) to approve
105. Mr. Hui, a freelance writer here at ESS Newspapers, has impeccable
for the position of senior editor.
(A) qualified (B) qualifications (C) qualify (D) be qualified
106. Because of an illness is much cheaper than treatment, the local health clinic will be offering free flu vaccinations this weekend.
(A) prevention (B) prevent (C) to prevent B) prevented
107. Legal experts have presented that the DNA samples and fingerprints match.
(A) evident (B) evidence (C) evidently (D) to evident
108. Mach Corp. has a system that allows clients to manage to employees' files.
(A) access (B) accessible (C) to accessible (D) accessibly
109. The average listener will not be able to notice any between audio CD and MP3 files.
(A) differences (B) different (C) differently (D) of different
110. Without your , we cannot guarantee your room after 6 p.m.
A) confirm B) confirming C) confirmation D) confirmative
111. of countries belonging to GATT approved the agreement yesterday in Geneva.
A) Represents B) Representations C) Representatives D) Representing
112. Officials of the Sydney head of office will hold a conference to talk about goals for the next ten years.
A) them B) their C) theirs D) they
113. As a customer service representative, Mrs. Lee tried to solve complaints from customers
before asking for ______ supervisor's advice.
(A) she B) her C) hers D) herself
114 Mr. Alfred and I extend thanks to those that have helped this project in the past.
(A) us (B) ours (C) our (D) ourselves
115. Pioneer Corp. is considering--------- the release of the new equipment scheduled for later this month.
(A)postponing (B) postpone (C) to postpone (D) postponement
116. The company's business plan includes ---------- revenue from magazine and event promotions designed to help recruiters find qualified applicants.
(A) draw (B) drawing (C) to draw (D) drawer
117. This guideline is intended to -------- information about our databases and to provide a clear definition of how these database get updated and who has responsibilities
(A) clarification (B) classified (C) cleared (D) clarify
118. As of July 7, basic monthly telephone service will increase by ＄1.50 due to the new federal telecommunication tax, -------- state-to-state long-distance rates will decrease an average of 10 percent.
(A) otherwise (B) therefore (C) however (D) in addition to
119. He makes ＄20 an hour, has more work than he can handle.
(A) and (B) than (C) so (D) but
120. Their products are known not only for their low price, __________ for their high quality.
(A) but (B) but also (C) and also (D) as well as
121. Our order of high-speed computers is scheduled to arrive __________ today or tomorrow.
(A) or (B) on (C) both (D) either
122. _________ Jane and Mary like different things, they are great friends.
(A) Since (B) Despite (C) For (D) Although
123. This rural town has __________ small population that the mail carrier knows where everyone lives.
(A) too (B) a so (C) very (D) such a
124._______ the president is going to say in his speech tonight will affect all of us.
(A) What (B) That (C) So (D) While
125. It matters little who finds the truth ------ the truth is found.
(A) because (B) so that (C) so long as (D) as